School is out for the summer, the sun is in full swing and now is the perfect time to head on a vacation! We are highlighting our favorite essentials for your beach vacation, visiting family, camping or just a weekend getaway. Here’s our travel essentials for body care and your on the go kit!
Body Care Essentials
- Toothpaste Tabs – Change tablets are just like paste without the waste. Perfect for travelling to bring the exact amount you need. Also, skip the tube!
- Body and Hair Care Bar Soaps – The perfect travel companion. Your luggage won’t suffer from soap spills AND solids are easier to travel with than the 3 oz limit of liquids.
- Travel Toothbrush – It’s a case AND your toothbrush! Made with bamboo and perfect for travelling sustainably.
- Bug Repellent – Chagrin Valley’s bug repellent is made with organic witch hazel and a special blend of essential oils with lemon eucalyptus, which is recommended by the CDC as an alternative to DEET.
- Refillable Sunscreen – It’s summer and there is no doubt you need sunscreen on your trip. Refill a travel size container in shop! It’s 35% aloe-based and 100% reef safe.
- Body Oil – A luxorious body oil to keep your skin shiny and moisturized.
- Castile Soap – This liquid packs a punch when travelling with 3 oz. This multi-purpose soap can be used to wash your body/ hands/ face, scrub dishes and clean anything last minute.
Your On-the-go Kit
- Cutlery Set – Skip the single-use plastic forks, straws and spoons! Plus, TSA won’t be giving you issues about a bamboo knife.
- Cloth Napkins – Great for spills, wiping sauce from your face and to blow your nose. Talk about multipurpose. We recommend keeping a lil mesh bag to store them.
- To Go Container – Holler out ” I brought my own!” when needing a container for your leftover take out.
- Silicone Bags – The possibilities are ENDLESS with ziptop reusable silicone bags. Our top picks for travelling: Wet bag for swimsuits, a snack container, a phone bag when on the water, storing haircare bar soaps, jewlery container, carrying leftovers and holding all your toiletries together.
Bonus Travel Essentials
- Ethically Made Sunglasses – While it’s easy to grab a quick pair of sunnies for a vacation, chances are their low quality will have them scratching and breaking after one trip! Opt for a pair ethically made sunnies with recycled materials that will last you!
- Reusable Face Masks – You never know, you may still need one! Better to be prepared than use a single-use mask last minute.
- Reusable Water Bottle – Say no to the countless plastic water bottles offered while travelling. We’ve even seen water refill stations all around the airport.
- Collapsible Tote Bag – You never know when you’ll need a reusable bag on a vacation. A collapsible one is a total space saver but any tote you already have at home will do the trick.
- Portable Charger – If you’ve got a portable charger, great! Remember you can borrow a charger from a friend too. If needing to purchase one new, grab a quality charger that will last you years. Bonus points if it’s a solar powered charger. Tech can leave a large footprint so always be conscious when purchasing.
You’re Ready to Hit the Road!
We have just told you our top team picks for travelling plastic free. What sustainable goodies did we not feature that you consider an essential when travelling? Leave them in the comments!